Your car is too big of an investment to not take care of it, which should include regularly washing your car or taking it in to a car valeting service. Regularly washing your vehicle removes pollutants and grime that collect over time on the paintwork, not to mention keeps your car looking in top condition. We at South East Vehicle Valeting have compiled a list of our top pro tips for keeping your car looking new, year after year.
Not only does regular valeting keep your car looking great, but it can net you more money if you intend to sell. Car valuing experts agree that a clean, well-kept car can go for hundreds of pounds more than one whose paintwork has worn over time from pollutants, or one that simply looks dirty. Care valeting is a continued investment in one of the most expensive things you will buy.
Below you will find some tips to keep in mind when valeting your own car.
South East Vehicle Valeting’s Top Tips for Cleaning:
- It may seem obvious, but always start washing at the top of your vehicle and work your way down the sides. This prevents dirty water and soap from dripping onto areas of the car you’ve already cleaned.
- If you’re going for the pro finish, invest in a top quality microfiber cloth instead of using regular cloths and rags. Due to their ultra-absorbent nature, microfiber cloths pick up dust and debris much more effectively.
- Don’t forget to also clean the tyres, wheels, and windows as well! Leaving these parts of your car untouched can make your newly-cleaned car look dirty.
- Use a clay bar to remove contaminants on the surface. Test the cleanliness of your car after washing and drying by running your finger along the paintwork. If you can detect a residue, dust, or film you can remove the remaining contaminants with a clay bar, just like the pros.
- Car wax protects your paintwork by forming a protective layer. As such, we always recommend waxing after cleaning.
- Using an upholstery cleaner will make your car look beautiful inside, so don’t neglect to clean up the interior and give it a good once over.
South East Vehicle Valeting – For All Your Valeting Needs
South East Vehicle Valeting can handle all of your valeting needs, including product advice and technique. We carry a range of professional car valeting products, including the AutoGlym line of waxes, washes, and polishes.
And of course, if you aren’t up for doing it yourself, bring your car in for a full valeting, all for lowest prices possible. Give us a call today on 01903 651001 for all of your car valeting needs.